13 February 2013

Art Awakening!

God is so good to me!  He's provided a way of salvation and a wonderful life.  Many times I have not recognized just how good and have failed to thank Him for loving me.  Not that everything has always been sunshine and roses.  Far from it.  So many times I've been my own worst enemy and missed what He has tried to give me.  I've wasted many years always looking for that "perfect time" to do something, learn something, try something new.

I'm now 54 years old and would like to say much wiser.  Artistically, it's time to get on with my life.  I choose to not dwell on what I haven't done (did I say I have been known to do this?).  I've learned that Satan has used that to keep me where I am.  God has given me a love and desire for a life of art and I publicly choose to FINALLY act on it!!!!
 
With thanks, I'm loving where I am at this point in my life.  My children are grown and it's looking like my husband and I didn't destroy them.  Granted, we weren't perfect parents, but we're thrilled with how they've grown into adults.

We have six adorable grandchildren with one on the way.  I must admit I never thought I would get this many grandchildren with only two children...I mean... I was the one who was NEVER going to be foolish enough to get married!  And, heaven forbid, if I DID do something that stupid, children were out of the question!  Hahaha!   Silly me!

But, my daughter has four boys ages 7-14 and my son has two girls ages 2 and 7 and another girl due in June.  And they are all perfect.  Do not dispute this...I will not listen.  LOL!

Another good thing going on is that my best friend and I attended a soap-making class a few years ago.  We piddled around with it making a few batches here and there.  We signed up for a couple of craft shows and have developed a local following.  Recently, we've done a lot of soul-searching and decision-making.  Do we continue to play with this and TOTALLY LOVE our product and basically keep it to ourselves and a select few or do we kick this thing in the can and get off our duff and treat it like the business it is?

We've chosen to get off our duff and be big girls about it.  So, although the web address is only parked for now, we have lined up several BIG, BIG shows to attend.  I'll passing on information on where our soap can be ordered soon.  SO totally love this stuff, I just have to share it.

One more great thing happening is art related.  I've had an interest in all things art since childhood and never thought my work was good enough to put "out there".  No more.  Right now I'm taking an herb drawing class online. Check out the website for this class.  I think you'll love her website.  Explore it.  Check out all of her posts.  Spend some time there.  It'll be a nice trip.
http://www.valwebb.com/


He's a few pics of the stuff we've been working on:


It's time to learn and grow and build up a body of workNo, it's PAST time.  What's around the corner?  Is that a bend in the road?  I certainly hope so!!

See 'round the next curve!
Blessings-
Sherry


 

No comments:

Post a Comment