23 February 2013

Over The Edge

Life takes on many different directions. Many twists and turns. The road goes up. The road goes down. Some days good, some days not so much. Changes at every direction. Isn't it grand? Isn't it exciting wondering what is next? Where do we go tomorrow? What is waiting for me around that riverbend? So glad I have the maker of the universe at the helm and leading the way! Flying high or pulling at the plow; up, down or somewhere in between, life is wonderful!! Can merely imagine how amazing heaven will be!!
My husband and I have spent most of the morning discussing the direction we've been taking.  Seems I've been spending a lot of time working at something that I truly did not like and truly did not want to do.  He has known this for awhile and knows me far better than I know myself.  
My entire life I have wanted to devote my life to art.  Whether it was drawing, painting, music, stitchery didn't matter.  I just knew it had to be something creative.  My very soul cries out for it.  I don't know why.  I can't explain it.  I only know that it must BE.  
For some reason I have never given myself permission to pursue creativity as a means of support.  I have always felt guilty for wanting to do something I adore as my life's work.  I have no idea why, but always felt if I was doing something fun (even if it provided income) it wasn't real work when others I knew and loved worked at jobs they didn't really like.  I mean, who was I to think I didn't have to toe that line just like everyone else.
But, my dear husband has convinced me I will be much happier (and so will he!) if I jump in with both feet and don't look back.  So, with great excitement and a touch of fear thrown in, I hold my head up, say a prayer for my dear heavenly Father to hold my hand and leap over the edge.
 
Blessings to all!
Sherry    

No comments:

Post a Comment