12 January 2012

Brrrrrr.......

Well, yesterday we had Spring here in Arkansas!   Goriously beautiful!!  Temps in the 60's.  Even though I think about how awful summer may be if it gets this warm this early, I still enjoyed it.  Boy, is it a good thing I enjoyed it!

Spring disappeared overnight!!!

It is Sooooooo cold right now and has been all day.  In the low 20's and a wind that will literally suck the breath out of you!

But, oh, it was a wonderful day anyway!  As one facebook friend posted today..."don't forget to pray today, God didn't forget to wake you up"! 

My mother turned 82 today (so, that should give you a vague idea about my age! LOL)!  To celebrate, she got to take a 1 1/2 hour drive for a carotid artery Doppler checkup!  Fun, huh?  Had to leave around 7 a.m. but, even though it was VERY cold, it was a beautiful, clear day. 

Plus, and this is a big plus, this town has a Hobby Lobby!  Woo-hoo!  And a bigger plus, I had $50 in my pocket my mother had given me at Christmas, so with the 40% off coupon (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those coupons), the clearance section and pastel sets on sale at 30% off I had a field day!  Plus, hubby went in with me(walking all over the store is too tough for my mother, so she waited in the car) and since I just happened to have an extra coupon....

...I was fortunate enough to come home with a new small set of pastels; a set of eight bottles of Windsor and Newton inks; a brayer which I'd been needing for awhile; two bottles of liquid watercolor (clearance); a journal for a friend; a bottle of Higgins white ink (clearance); a bottle of transparent red ink(clearance); and a wind chime for my mother!    What a haul for $50!!!

After Hobby Lobby, had to make a trip to Book-a-Million (don't have any book or craft stores in our little town).  These are usually the only stores I care about going to when we go out of town as I rarely clothes shop (HATE it!), so after the book store, we decided get some lunch and motor on back home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now...I got plans for tomorrow!!  Have learned to be flexible with plans but if all goes well...

First off, I've decided I must make a "bucket list".  I had done one, although they weren't called "bucket lists" then, years ago when I was around 13 years old.  I lost it somewhere down the line and would LOVE to have it back.  Don't remember much that was on it, except that I would someday live on a 1000 acre ranch and in the mountains.  I didn't get the ranch, but I DID get 40 acres in the mountains.  Works for me!!!


(View out my north window)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been working on some mixed media journal pages.  Trying to learn to loosen up and just "do".  I tend to work on 4-6 pages at a time when I do mixed media, so I don't have any finished pages to post right now.  As soon as I get some done, I'll get them on here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Got my workspace cleaned up enough to work tomorrow, and ready to settle in with a good book for now and listen to the wind whistle around the house.  So....


'till next time-
Sherry
(Lillies from my garden a few years ago!  I usuallly LOVE winter,
but already thinking Spring!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment