13 December 2011

A Little of This, Some of That

It's been a long day, but the older I get, the more thankful I am for long days!!  It never ceases to amaze me how time barely moves when you're young.  Five years at the age of 10 is so long.   Then it's  the length of a breath when you're over 50!

Making progress on my "project"!

I just hope it works out as planned.  The cool thing is there's some parts that will lend themselves to some mixed media work.  I'm seeing some journal covers using the little nuts, tubes and circut boards.  Then, the wires would work well to wire together journal pages.

Anxious to work on them, but I have to work my studying in too!  So much to do with so little time.

With six grandkids all living within 12 miles to me or less, there's always times when I'm needed to help out.  But, my daughter-in-law will be done with school 'till next semester, so there will be a short vacation for me to get a lot of study done!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like we'll be bringing in some new faces around here.  We'll be going this weekend to bring home a llama and three goats.  Two nubians and one pygmy.
We have had Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, but I could no longer milk, so I sold them.  Missed them so much and they did such a good job of keeping the acreage we have fenced cleaned up, it's time to bring home some more.  Even though two of them are nubian, I won't be milking this time.  If you've ever milked, you know how much work that can be!

Makes luscious soap, but I've learned to make it without the goat milk and it's just as good and a lot less labor intensive!!


A few samples of my "Ugly Chunk Lye Soap".



My first attempt at making soap!  Did you know that when lye is poured into water, the temperature goes to over 200 degrees in the blink of an eye?!
Did you also know that on soapmaking day
my house smells heavenly with all the essential oils I use?!

Yummy!



'till next time-
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment