10 December 2011

Nutcracker Day!

Good morning!

God has blessed us with a most delicious day weatherwise.  It's cold, clear and still.  Perfect!

It's 27 right now, but I'm sure with all this sunshine , it won't be for long!

Got a lot hoped for today.  Headed to the nearest "big" town (65,000 pop) to see The Nutcracker ballet.  It's about a 1 1/2 hr. drive, but so worth it.  Taking my daughter, daughter-in-law, and oldest granddaughter.  Lunch after that and then try to get a little Christmas shopping done.

My daughter is one of those who buys all year and has it totally done by this time, but I tend to, as usual, fly by the seat of my pants.  So, once again, I'm scrambling!!  But, it's so much fun!!


The photo I stuck up there is my newest project.  It's an old organ someone gave me that I discovered didn't work and would cost a fortune to fix. 

I'll be "re-purposing" it in the next few days and invite you to come along with me to see what it will turn out to be. 

I've decided what I want it to be, but post a few suggestions of what you'd do with it.  We'll see if some of us are thinking along the same path (or if you have an idea I might even like better).  Will post more tomorrow.

'till next time-
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. The Nutcracker sounds like fun. I am flying home to Christmas to see my granddaughters dance in their production of the Nutcracker. Very exciting.

    I can't even imagine what you are going to repurpose that into so I will stay tuned.

    Did you study? lol

    ReplyDelete