09 December 2011

Just had an aweful scare!!  Went to my computer and it was stone cold! 
I had just been using it a couple hours before and it was still on.  It should not be COLD!!  Oh no!!  I'm thinking my computer is now deceased!!

I plugged it in thinking the battery simply needed charging.  Nothing!  Nada!
Over and done with!  All I could think was how glad I was that I had backed up my files last week.  Wouldn't help with all the pictures I took this week, but better than losing EVERYTHING!

Took out the battery.  Put it back in.  Unplugged and plugged up the charger.  NOTHING!
I'm freaking out about this time.  I mean, I must have this computer to do my classes and what would I possibly do without Facebook, e-mail and blogs?!?!?

Then, my husband calmly suggests, "why don't you try a different outlet? May be a thrown breaker."  (Don't 'ya just hate it when they're calm when you know the world is falling apart?)

But, nope......he wasn't right! 

Close enough though. The power strip the charger was plugged into was turned off. Imagine the nerve!!

That's why the first thing listed on troubleshooting electric things is------is it plugged in dweeb?



(This meerkat lives at the Houston zoo and I
couldn't resist the look of disgust on his face!) 



Was babysitting one granddaughter and picked the other one up at school early today.  We promptly went home and made cookies, like somehow, I just really needed cookies to slap across my thighs!

Came up with a new recipe and thought I'd share it here:

SHERRY'S IRRISISTABLE WHITE AND MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP COW PATTIES

1 C butter-softened
1 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C granulated sugar
1 pkg. cream cheese-softened
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
3 C flour
1 1/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
3/4 C cocoa
1 pkg. white chocolate chips
1 pkg. milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter, sugars, and cream cheese.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Blend.

In seperate bowl mix well:  flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.

Blend into first mixture.   Add chips.

Drop by FULL TABLESPOON onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 11-12 minutes.

Makes 2 1/2 dozen BIG cookies.  That's why I call 'em cow patties.  That's what they kinda' look like.

But, mmmmmm.....they're good with COLD milk!!  Ask my granddaughters!

'till next time-
Sherry




No comments:

Post a Comment