24 December 2011

Christmas Greetings!!

Hello everyone!  As I write this the sun that didn't make a peep all day is working it's way down.  I know 'cause the drear is getting drearier.  My husband is asleep on the couch and has been there all day.  Being sick will do that to you, so I'm trying to stay fairly quiet so he can rest.

Earlier I was cooking for our family get-together next week and the smells that to me were heavenly almost sent him into orbit!  So, since our family can't all be together for Christmas until next week, I decided to forgo some of the cooking 'till he's feeling a little better. 

It's a simple case of "the crud" that has been making it's way through just about everyone's family here.  It is apparently short, but quite miserable 'till it runs it's course.  How I've escaped so far, I'll never know, but I'm surely not complaining!!

**************************************************


Let me take this moment to wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!  I know not everyone celebrates Christmas, but I do wish you the opportunity to know the love and healing of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father, the creator of the universe.


I've been doing a lot of research about origins of holidays and such and realize that Jesus likely was not born at this time of year. From what I have been able to discover he probably was born closer to the first week of September, but apparently, due to some influence centuries ago, we celebrate in late December. But, regardless of when we celebrate, the meaning for me is the same--May the joy of His birth be real and meaningful to you and yours.





This is a cross stitch I designed as a Christmas greeting.  Hope you enjoy it. 

***********************************************

I haven't done a lot of cross stitch lately.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those cyclical types.  I'll do drawing for awhile, cross stitch a few months, then a round of watercolor (which could last a LONG time), throw in a little crochet in the winter, intersperse it with my soapmaking and music next thing I know, I'm meeting myself coming back and don't get anything accomplished.

How many of you are also like that?  I KNOW there must be some of you just like me!  Does it make you as crazy as it makes me?  I've wished so many times I could just settle on ONE thing, just ONE thing that I'm so passionate about, I want to do nothing else. 

But, I can't.  I've lightened the load a lot and ridded myself of many projects and activities the last few years, but I just don't want to get rid of anything else and I don't have time to do real justice to the things I want to keep. 


If anyone has come up with a way to get it all done, please let me in on it!!  (BTW:  I've tried scheduling all this and that was a disaster! 
I'm a bit like this butterfly and tend to flit around too much!)
 


We haven't gotten any snow yet this year.  The western part of the county did, but not us.  There's an old way of predicting that using a persimmon.  If you cut open a persimmon and it shows the profile of a fork, it means a mild winter.  A spoon means LOT'S of snow and a knife means ice (YUCK).  Well, quite a few people I know have cut open persimmons and they've all had spoons in them.  So, we keep the Jeep gassed up, the larder packed
and the propane tank full.

*****************************************

My son can't be home till Monday, so my two grown children and their families will come Tuesday night for our family Christmas.
My brother and sister along with our children, their children and our mom will gather Thursday night, but tomorrow, my husband and I (hopefully he's feeling better by then) will have Christmas morning together.  It will be as it was 33 years ago as we celebrated our first Christmas.  I'll make a simple
 breakfast and we'll exchange our gifts to each other. 
This year he's getting a military service ring.
He is a veteran of active duty Air Force, active duty Army and retired from the Arkansas Air Guard.  I am so proud of him and his willingness to serve. 
 I wouldn't trade anything for those precious years. 

 Well, the hubby just stirred and crawled off the couch.  He walked around a bit and is now sitting up, so maybe he's making a turn for the better!!  It'll be a very busy week next week (we're going to be getting a llama and some goats as well as a pair of turkeys and some more laying hens along with all the family stuff) so I may not see you 'till 2012....if not, may the joy of the season be yours and may your family prosper in love and peace in the new year!

'till next time-
Sherry





No comments:

Post a Comment