02 December 2011

Parade Day

Well, hey!  I found the post I thought I'd lost.  It wasn't in the drafts yesterday, but I just looked and found it there.  Where had it been?!?!  Out there with all those text messages that get sent and arrive two weeks later, I guess...

At any rate:  here's the post that should have come before the last one! 

Christmas Parade day dawned dreary and drizzly.  Plus, due to the fact that my dogs barked at coyotes all night long, it arrived way too soon!  And we worked on the float 'till after 10 last night so, by the time I zonked out, morning wasn't too far away.


At least my alarm is not jarring.  I have my phone set with Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".  Nice, gentle way to wake up.  Look it up on You Tube.  Beautiful music!


So, my littlest granddaughter and I are spending the morning together.  We fed and watered dogs, cats and chickens.  Have seven baby chickens that are coming along quite well.


Then, we took the Mule (wheeled, not four-legged) and the dogs and went for a run.  We have an odd assortment of dogs.  A little one that is a mix of Jack Russell, Beagle, and Feist.  She's Lilly Belle.  Then, there's Little Bear, who isn't quite so little anymore.  He's solid black and is a mix of Australian Shepherd and Akita.  Our "old" dog, Muffin, is 14. 

She's a mix of Chow and Catahoula.  Poor thing has very few teeth left and walks very stiff, (she rides a lot!)but she's still plugging along and I don't want to think about the day she leaves us. 


Last, but not least is Molly.  She's a 3 year old Bloodhound and is like a big kid.  I had thought about training her as a search and rescue dog, but because of schedule changes we no longer volunteer with our local fire dept./search and rescue.  Besides, I don't think I could keep up with her rambling these mountains. 

 We do train some though and if you get lost, I can guarantee she could find you!  She tracked my hubby after he drove away in his truck!

Gotta' get busy now, so...

'till next time-
Sherry





No comments:

Post a Comment